[c-nsp] Cisco 3012 IBM Blade Switch Configurations?

Justin C. Darby jcdarby at usgs.gov
Wed Feb 18 11:23:08 EST 2009

Hi Chris,

I strongly suggest if you want to keep a simple mode of operation you
use a feature on these things that configures them independently of the
Bladecenter Advanced Management Module.

It's hard to find in the docs, but, what you want is "platform
chassis-management protected-mode". The AMM has to support it (the
switch will tell you if it does not and then you need a firmware upgrade
to the AMM), but if it does, you can change the settings the AMM is
configuring your switch for involuntarily (which has been an issue for
us in the past). If you configure using this, these things work just
like the catalyst switches you'd expect, without mucking around with the
AMM.

Good luck (I've got a lot of these things, you'll need it).

Justin