[c-nsp] 7507s: which image for production? For IPv6?

jp jp at saucer.midcoast.com
Thu Feb 19 11:47:42 EST 2009

I suspect the IOS upgrade you are planning will be a tight fit for 256MB and BGP. It
will probably run out of memory and impact cef. No idea what to expect with the
different VIPs and RSP.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 07:54:42PM -0600, neal rauhauser wrote:
>    I do believe we'll be seeing new code from Cisco before too long and I'm
> starting to get ready for that. We've got 12.0S in the field now and I'm
> bringing one machine up to 12.2.46a to see how it acts. I've got 256 meg
> RSP4s, VIP 2-50 that are getting upgraded to VIP4-80 this week, OC3 and DS3
> outside and just 100 mbit inside. The RSP4s work for me - no customers in
> APNIC space so we refuse those routes. The fanciest thing we do is netflow -
> which image train is most stable?
>
>   I'm often unsupervised in the evening hours and I'm going to have a couple
> of leftover machines with a full complement of the older VIPs once the
> upgrade is complete. If I'm going to put up IPv6 as a test what's working
> best these days?
>

> --
> mailto:Neal at layer3arts.com //
> GoogleTalk: nrauhauser at gmail.com
> IM: nealrauhauser

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/