[c-nsp] need help about switch cisco 4 9 4 8

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 20 15:59:39 EST 2009

Thank you

  Now I change it to 0x2102
  but it can't boot properly

  Can you help?

  Thank you

  ******** The system will autoboot now ********

 config-register = 0x2102
 Autobooting using BOOT variable specified file.....
   Could not find a valid file in BOOT environment variable.
 BOOT variable can be set from IOS. To find currently set
 Rom Monitor variables, please type 'set' command.
   For help on choosing a boot method,  type 'confreg' command.

Antonio Soares <amsoares at netcabo.pt> wrote:
  There are IOS releases that do not support the Management Interface. I know that 12.2.46SG supports it. So compare your 4948's and
check the IOS releases.

You need a config-register=0x2101. With 0x2142, the switch won't load the startup config and needs a "boot system flash" statement
to load the IOS image.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
amsoares at netcabo.pt