[c-nsp] need help about switch cisco 4 9 4 8

ML ml at kenweb.org
Sat Feb 21 11:50:49 EST 2009

Antonio Soares wrote:
> Since you don't have a "boot system flash" statement in your config, you need a config-register = 0x2101. This way it will load the
> first available image in the bootflash.
>

> Regards,
>
> Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S)
> amsoares at netcabo.pt

Just recently we had an issue where a 4924 wouldn't load our desired IOS
image under any combination of "boot system {flash:|bootflash:} commands
we could think of.  Only solution was to erase all but the desired image.
It was a roll the dice hope you don't critically fail situation.

Config register 0x2101.