[c-nsp] Fast UDLD timers in SXI?

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Tue Feb 24 18:44:27 EST 2009

On 06/02/2009, at 7:31 AM, David Hughes wrote:

> Thanks Gert.  That's not the news I was hoping for.  I'll take it up
> with Cisco and find out what "UDLD Enhancements" are actually in
> SXI.  I appreciate your help.

Ok, I think I've got the scoop.

The word is that UDLD 2.0 on 6500 is being looked at but there's no
current plan for it on the road map.  As for what extra functionality
we get with the new "Enhanced UDLD" feature in SXI, well, that still a
mystery.

This really is amazing.  I appreciate that doing sub second timers on
a box with a potentially huge number of physical and logical
interfaces is difficult, but functionality is being limited due to
worst case scenario.  I simply want to run aggressive UDLD over a PAgP
link that's being carried over an EoMPLS VC.  That's UDLD on 4
interfaces on the entire box.  I know a Sup720 can handle that.  Not
being able to use the capabilities of these boxes because of lazy
software implementation decisions is getting very annoying.

David