[c-nsp] why disable ip cache and direct broadcast in switch

Max Palatnik mpalatnik at wustl.edu
Wed Feb 25 20:10:51 EST 2009

No ip-route cache with no keywords afterwards refers to the fast-switch
handling of packets.  CEF is usually enabled globally on the device (and
thus is enabled for each interface), so this forces the interface to use CEF
and ensures fast-switching is not enabled on the port.

More info:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/switch/command/reference/swi_i1.htm
l#wp1110844