[c-nsp] l2tpv3 config - MTU question

Ge Moua moua0100 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:10:42 EST 2009

We've got about a half-dozen sites deployed on this, with about 1000
user base total, and it's running most fine, caveats:
* watch out for VTP as thiere may be some out of order packets that
causes VTP convergence to fail; run the CE side in vtp transparent mode
and add vlan manually
* another trick we've been think about is adjusting MTU on the end
workstations
* mtu 1472 works fine as defrag/frag will happen on the pe/ce equipment;
no worries with running high cpu on end-workstation due to frag/defrag
operations
* "clear ip tra" & "sh ip tra" will show frag stat on routers

hope this helps.

Regards,
Ge Moua | Email: moua0100 at umn.edu

Network Design Engineer
University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services