[c-nsp] Odd request to anyone who has a switch capable of EoMPLS

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri Feb 27 09:15:06 EST 2009

Hi,

This sounds odd, but I'm wondering if someone can test something for
me.  I don't have the gear to do the test myself, but I need the
results for a compatibility study I'm currently working on.

I need to know whether or not a switch port from a 6500/7600 or ME6500
(or any other switch series that does EoMPLS) that is configured for
EoMPLS (xconnect <vc> <IP>) still transmits STP BPDUs while the EoMPLS
tunnel is up (or down for that matter).

I have observed that with one vendor, BPDUs are still transmitted
after the port has been put into EoMPLS mode and it is my personal
belief is that this is the incorrect behavior.

If anyone has the ability to test this with Wireshark or tcpdump, I'd
be most grateful.