[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SRCx - Pseudo Pre-emption Handler - BFD Bug

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Feb 27 10:35:47 EST 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 11:29:01 pm David Freedman wrote:

> SRC2 has been an absolute disaster for me, plenty of
> undiscovered bugs cropping up on a regular basis now, on
> a related note, am keen to hear about SRC3 vs SRD, any
> thoughts?

Most of the bugs we filed during SRC, SRC1 and SRC2 have
been fixed in SRC3 - with possibly the exception of this BFD
one.

We haven't yet come across anything else in the field, but
we're keeping it simple. We recently lab'ed SRC2 for the new
Flexible NetFlow infrastructure, and that crashed a 7200. We
haven't yet tested this with SRC3.

We're steering clear of SRD, as more work seems to have gone
into SRC and there's nothing we need SRD for. Suffice it to
say, SRD1 appears to be out.

Cheers,

Mark.