[c-nsp] Etherchannel port across SUP and line card

Chintan Shah networking.stuff at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 2 08:02:46 EST 2009

Hello guys,

I had intially Gi5/1 ( SUP720 1Gig port) part of etherchannel between 6500.
Later I added Gi7/3 ( 6724 line card) to etherchannel but Gi7/3 is not
taking part in to etherchannel and givign belwo error in shwo log :

Jan  2 11:35:30.087 UTC: %EC-SP-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi7/3 is not compatible
with Gi5/1 and will be suspended (qos-card types of Gi7/3 do not match
Gi5/1)…

To resovle issue, I configured "no mls qos channel-consistency" under
port-channel interface and gi7/3 became part of etherchannel.

I dont have Qos configured on either Gi5/1 or Gi7/3 however I have globally
mls qos enabled and uplink port of line card on on slot 7 has service
policy. But I don't see logic behind above error. Also the w/a i used may
work today but if in case i want to ahve mls qos on 6500 etherchannel , wil
that caus any issue ?