[c-nsp] PIX CPU THRESHOLD SYSLOG

shariq qamar shariq.qam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 02:27:10 EST 2009

Hi matt ,

Thanks for immediate response

 we have a syslog server on which we are using KIWI demon as a SYSLOG client
, my requirement is to configure my PIX Firewall in such a way so that it
start sending any messeges to syslog specially those messeges when my
firewall CPU
utilization crossess a paticular threshod define by me .

Its actually help me to immediatly know about my firewall utilization
incase of crossing threshold .
few point i undersand that i need reachability from firewall to syslog
server and forewall also need to configure for SNMP traps so that it
permits and send SNMP request .

Kindly suggest

On 1/6/09, Matt Carter <matt at iseek.com.au> wrote:

> hi shariq,
>
> ever thought about firing up cacti with threshold notification?
> (then you get some historical data aswell and a visual respresentation in
> addition to your alerting requirement)
>
> kind regards,
>
> --matt

Regards,