[c-nsp] MPLS-VPN migration

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:43:35 EST 2009

2009/1/6 Aaron Daniels - Lists <lists at daniels.id.au>:
> Hi Tim,
>
>> I have heard several people say an iBGP version is messy. What is the
>> difference? (I'm not opposed to the eBGP config, just like to know
>> what both look like.)
>
> >From memory...
> We tried route reflectors for the PE-CE iBGP edge. Need to use a route-map
> to set next-hop-self and there was something else that was qwerky but I
> can't remember currently.

There is one more thing that you need to be careful about when running
iBGP on PE-CE links to CEs that might be either directly or indirectly
multihomed to multiple PEs. Since you have to run route-reflector
setup you might accidentally advertise back into the MPLS cloud routes
that you learnt from there, thus creating nice routing issues (flaps
and loops).

kind regards
Pshem