[c-nsp] TLU/PLU memory on engine 2 line card (12000)

Marc Binderberger marc at sniff.de
Fri Jan 9 16:08:12 EST 2009

Hi Drew,

PLU (pointer lookup) and TLU (table lookup) is memory used by the
layer3 ASIC. It contains your FIB/MFIB/LFIB data (read: your CEF and
labels).

The packet memory keeps - the packet :-)

> By user serviceable do they mean that you just can't upgrade them?

by non-user-upgradable, correct, you cannot upgrade it. Not sure what
happens if you try it but likely the card refuses to work.

Regards, Marc