[c-nsp] MPLS fast reroute without full mesh traffic engineering

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jan 12 09:34:31 EST 2009

you obviously need MPLS-TE backup tunnels to achieve fastest
convergence, and auto-tunnel backup addresses this. These backup tunnels
are created dynamically and based on demand, i.e. if there are links not
used by primary tunnels, backup tunnels won't be built. Backup tunnels
will never be fully-meshed, they're NHOP/NNHOP only..

To get traffic into tunnels (in order to protect it), you can use
one-hop primaries OR auto-tunnel mesh OR manual tunnels.

	oli