[c-nsp] urgent help for cisco800

Richard Golodner rgolodner at infratection.com
Mon Jan 12 14:33:36 EST 2009

	On Monday January 11th, Adrian Kok asked:

"I use the usb to serial cable + console cable to
connect the cisco800.

the setting is
speed: 9600
parity bit: no
control: None
data bit: 8

I can see the boot info in the hyperterminal but the
keyboard is not responing.
I reboot many times and the keyboard is still not
working.

Any idea and suggeston?"

	Adrian, I use the USB to serial converter from Black Box and it
works great as long as I keep the correct drivers on the various machines I
use. Could you tell us what manufacturer or model you are using and maybe
some of the other bright people may have something to add. I have also found
that the converter works well, but it is a lot slower than a direct
connection. Hope this helps some.
				Sincerely, Richard Golodner