[c-nsp] Sourcing TACACS and Syslog on PIX (6.x) to go over VPN

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 18:59:31 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 15/1/09, ChrisSerafin <chris at chrisserafin.com> wrote:

> From: ChrisSerafin <chris at chrisserafin.com>
> Subject: [c-nsp] Sourcing TACACS and Syslog on PIX (6.x) to go over VPN
> To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
> Date: Thursday, 15 January, 2009, 7:09 AM
> If I have a Tacacs and syslogs servers available via VPN and
> would like a remote PIX running 6.x code, how would I source
> the traffic?

Lucky for you Cisco has a document that tells you exactly how to set this up with sample configs and everything:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094469.shtml

If you don't already know about the list of example configurations and guides, you can find them here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

They cover most of the things that ordinary people want to do and are usually fairly detailed with the explanation.

regards,
Tony.