[c-nsp] Per packet load balancing with low latency

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 15:10:48 EST 2009

Unfortuantely, not everything Cisco recommends translates well into real
world implementations.

Feel free to read RFC 1191.  That should explain everything.  BCP says don't
turn off for this reason.

As for the security aspect, there have been a few vulnerabilities that were
not really exploited and then fixed.  The pros of leaving this on far out
way any potential, never really attacked, security issue.

And, if you do get seriously attacked by this method somehow, there are
products on the market that can effectively mitigate it (as well as many
others).

tv