[c-nsp] Per packet load balancing with low latency applications

Yan Filyurin yanf787 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 08:13:43 EST 2009

Or any other external inverse multiplexer. Plus as old and outdated that technology might be, apparently Cisco still supports IMA. While it requires different hardware, that could be an alternative.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/ioh/nm/nm_etima.htm

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/nm/hardware/installation/guide/ConntIMA.html#wpxref64698

I've never used IMA in practice on an actual router, but when when using it with external devices, it worked great.  But it was 6 years ago, so times have changed since then.

Yan