[c-nsp] Input error from Cisco Switch and Juniper Router

Frances Albemuth frances.cincinattus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:03:22 EST 2009

 IIRC, the L3 incomplete counter will increment on the jnx side for
dot1q tags which you haven't configured, as well.  So, if the Cisco
port isn't configured to limit which VIDs are allowed on the port
there's a high likelihood the jnx is going to hear frames with dot1q
tags which aren't configured on the interface.  If this is a situation
one doesn't plan to remedy in the near term one can prevent every L3
incomplete from being counted as an input error by using
'ignore-l3-incompletes' in the
interface/(fastether-options|gigether-options) context.  This will
also cause the interface to stop counting the L3 incomplete packets
themselves.  I believe this knob was introduced in JunOS 9.0.

 -FC