[c-nsp] EoMPLS from ME3750 to 7201 GigE sub-int

Pelle perc69 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 05:53:49 EST 2009

Hi.

> To get those 3 routes pushed into my IGP
> I had to enable IS-IS on each sub-int with 'ip router isis'.  I've seen this
> flaky behavior before but usually just add IS-IS to the interface and forget
> it.

A better idea (and much more deterministic) is using
"passive-interface X" (under IS-IS) for the interfaces you want IS-IS
to advertise. Doing that you can remove "redistribute connected" as
well as "ip router isis Y" for those interfaces you want to advertise,
but never want IS-IS to form an adjacency on (the last case).

Even better, "passive-interface" gives you the option to enable
"advertise passive-interface only" to reduce the number of prefixes a
router should advertise. This is very handy in a L3VPN-network where
you only need the Loopbacks in IS-IS. Fever prefixes => faster
convergence :) If you also would like to have the Core-links in the
RIB, use iBGP for that.

--
Pelle