[c-nsp] Connecting a VRF between routers

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Jan 21 02:54:49 EST 2009

I am not sure I fully understand your application, but a few things come
to mind:

1. You can buy a VPLS service from your SP (the one that has an MPLS
cloud) and ask them to provision a L2 cloud between your sites.

2. You could try using some tunnels (most solutions would be L3 based
except EoMPLS), but platform/software support for this is limited

3. Run L3 VPN between your sites using the SP's service. This would not
allow for L2 interconnection, but would allow IP communication.

If you give a better view of what you want actually to achieve maybe we
can come up with something more specific.