[c-nsp] How to get PIX serial # remotely?

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jan 23 14:04:19 EST 2009

PIX 525 serial numbers as reported by the show version command have
their first two characters truncated. For example, if the PIX chassis
serial number is 44480521234 it will be reported by show version as
480521234. The first two characters cut off are always 44.
For PIX 535 the first two characters cut off are always 88.

I have only dealt with 525 and 535 needing serial numbers. I imagine the
same situation may be present on lower end PIXes as well.

Vijay Ramcharan