[c-nsp] snmp view specific config

shariq qamar shariq.qam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:29:07 EST 2009

Hi guys ,

as we know that  our snmp agents or servers uses to query routers oids which
is a sequence of integers that uniquely identifies a managed object by
defining a path to that object through a tree-like structure  in MIB .

My question is

Is it possible can we make multiple MIBS and tag oids in individual MIBS
so we can control a  SNMP server agent query to a router
by filtering the oids in paticular MIB table .

I m not sure about the actual command but got some idea from cisco
documentation and available commands
on router ...

RTR(config)#snmp-server view INFOVISTA MIB1 included
RTR(config)#snmp-server view TE-SERVER MIB2 included

etc

--
Regards,
Shariq Qamar,