[c-nsp] Implementing Unicast RPF multi-homed network

root net rootnet08 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:14:30 EST 2009

Hello,

I was wondering where the best place would be to implement Unicast RPF on a
multi-homed network with full routes / filtered routes and private peering
interconnects with local ISPs (small businesses)?  Currently we just use
ACLs to do drop spoofing on our upstream interfaces.  I have been doing some
reading and it says to implement at the edge not core unless you manually
setup the routes. I would like to place this on the outside interface of
each router connected to our upstreams and on the interface that is
connected to each local ISP.  The problem is we are doing asymmetric routing
at the edge/core b/c our links are not the same size.  So how can we
accomplish this?  I think way to overcome would be to use BGP attributes
using weight maybe?

Any thoughts and any other suggestions.  Would like to see what others are
doing for this.

RootNet08