[c-nsp] Implementing Unicast RPF multi-homed network

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jan 24 22:28:18 EST 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 10:45:01 am Justin M. Streiner
wrote:

> Use strict mode on your single-homed downstream customer
> interfaces and loose mode on your transit/peer
> interfaces.

Watch out for private peers whose propagation scope should
be limited to within their network - we've been burned by
some arrangements where peers leak our routes to the
Internet (by mistake or otherwise), and loose-mode uRPF
kills connectivity where dedicate private peering routers
are in use.

Mark.