[c-nsp] OSPF SNMP MIB with multiple ospf router processes

Phil Stoneman pstoneman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:47:59 EST 2009

Hi folks

We have a 7600 router that speaks OSPF. We use a bunch of SNMP polling
under the SNMP MIB (1.3.6.1.2.1.14), to look at the OSPF neighbor
table.

We'd like our router sitting as an ABR, so we're looking at creating a
new OSPF router process to sit in the second area.

The trouble is, when we create a new router, our SNMP alerting system
queries start to return the second processes' neighbor table. This
kicks up an alert and generally isn't what we want!

Does anyone know a way to work around this and specify which OSPF
process should be exposed via SNMP?

Thanks

Phil