[c-nsp] routed port on 6500?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jan 27 11:51:46 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 15:49 +0000, Kevin Edmunds wrote:
> I have a 6500 which still runs CatOS for switching and IOS for routing, is
> it possible make standard switch ports into routed ports in this current
> setup? (just like a 3750 for example)

AFAIK: No. When running native IOS the system actually reserves an
internal VLAN ("show vlan internal usage") for routed ports. When using
hybrid you'd probably have to reserve some VLAN for this, make the
physical port an access port in this VLAN and then configure the SVI on
the MSFC.

The CatOS CLI wouldn't stop you from using this VLAN on another port,
e.g. an open trunk, so it's not completely the same. But I think it
would work in the same way inside the box.

Regards,
Peter