[c-nsp] Pix 515 errors

John Aldrich jaldrich at blueridgecarpet.com
Wed Jan 28 16:25:55 EST 2009

Our Pix 515 has been spontaneously rebooting for the past week or so. I
don't believe it's power related, as the Pix is plugged into one of our big
UPSes. I started monitoring the console interface today and found the
following message whenever the Pix goes to reboot:

	Nested traceback attempted via watchdog.
	Traceback output aborted.

Does this sound like a hardware issue or a hack attempt?

After researching it, I found some suggestions, one being heat. I wouldn't
think it is heat related as my office (where the Pix is located) was showing
about 73 degrees at the thermostat. I've put a fan blowing into the cabinet
where the Pix is located, hopefully if the issue is heat related, that'll
fix it.

Thanks,
John Aldrich
IT Manager,