[c-nsp] 6500 stable code

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 05:11:52 EST 2009

Jon Lewis wrote:
> I'm getting ready to spin the IOS roullette wheel again with a 6500 that's
> been running 12.2(18)SXF12a as a hot spare.  Safe Harbor says
> 12.2(18)SXF13 is "Recommended" and the last version of SXF they plan to
> say anything about.  The pdf link
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/safe_harbor/campus/12_18_sxf13/Campus_12.2(18)SXF13.pdf
> is dead.

Why are you upgrading, and what's your IOS strategy?

Personally, we keep everything on two versions - the one we're going
from, and the one we're going to. If 12a is stable for you, I'd
seriously consider staying with it for a while, and waiting to see where
Cisco go with SXF versus SXI.

FWIW we had problems finding a stable release, but have taken the plunge
and rolled out 12.2(33)SXI. Remarkably, it seems to be a solid release.