[c-nsp] bgp advertisement-interval

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jan 29 09:17:11 EST 2009

While comparing different releases, I just noticed that at some point,
cisco changed the default bgp minimum advertisement-interval from 30s to
0s (at least for the 6500 somewhere between SXF12a and 12.2.33 SXI).

When/why did this change?  Have other vendors done this?  A quick search
suggests JunOS defaults to 30s for external peers and 5s for
internal...but I don't know how current the documentation I found is.