[c-nsp] 6500 stable code

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jan 30 03:24:54 EST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:01:25PM -0500, Jon Lewis wrote:
> I'm getting ready to spin the IOS roullette wheel again with a 6500 that's
> been running 12.2(18)SXF12a as a hot spare.

We're actually quite happy with SXH3a and SXI.

That is: neither version has crashed upon us so far, or did anything bad
to the network.  Which is the most crucial point.

(I'm having some confusion about BFD on SXH3a, see other post, and of course
it doesn't do BFD on SVI [thanksverymuchso], but this falls more into the
category of "nuisance" than "major issue").

Since we're happy with SXH3a and SXI, we're not upgrading the SXF boxes
to SXF<latest> - they stick to what they have, and if upgrading is needed,
they'll likely go directly to the new train.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de