[c-nsp] SXI: Modular or not? (and what happened to my OSPF?)

Dan Pinkard DPinkard at accessline.com
Fri Jan 30 13:52:54 EST 2009

I've been wading through the murk and muck of 12.2(33)SXI in the hopes of learning more about modular code and the related upgrade process... that leads me to want to ask in a more public fashion: how's that going for you? Is it worth the mental anguish of being on the bleeding edge? Has it actually improved the reload/upgrade times? Other hassles?

My only caveat thus far is that OSPF seems less stable. Adjacent 6500s are able to maintain their OSPF sessions, but the two 7206s they uplink to find cause to reset now and then. Of course this is only on the modular code!

What gives?!