[c-nsp] A.B.C.D is assigned as a secondary interface on Vlan1

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Fri Jan 30 21:43:33 EST 2009

Hi,

For various reasons, after acquiring a network from another telecom, we
have a need to fracture a /24 over a couple of vlans on the same router
(6509, sup720-3bxl, 122-18.SXF14).  We have a /30 assigned to vlan 1 as a
secondary address.  When attempting to apply A.B.C.D/25 to another vlan,
it reports the above error.

Is this a bug, or is there a workaround?  I had expected that this should
work, with the more specific route taking care of moving traffic for that
net, and letting the rest hit the aggregate.

Cheers,
Brian