[c-nsp] [BGP] Multiple peering sessions with same ASN/prefixes possible ?

cc loo s00664233 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:55:47 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your kind explanation.

So far we discussed about having 2 peering links advertising the same
prefix, however the routing table would only choose _1_ out of 2 links to
send packets.

We have a requirement that a client must advertise prefix > /24 only.

Does this impose a limitation that if
- a /30 is only reachable via the first link only
- another /30 is only reachable via second link only
(Both /30 are subnets of the advertised /24)

Both /30 wouldnt be reachable at the same time, is that right ? (assuming
that the 2 routers for both links are not inter-connected, as the latter is
used for testing purposes only.)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Bill Blackford <BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us