[c-nsp] Netflow Collector shows minimal bandwidth from 6509

Julio Arruda jarruda-cnsp at jarruda.com
Mon Jul 6 17:41:20 EDT 2009

Justin Krejci wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> ip flow ingress is already defined on my setup
>
> We are trying to avoid sampling (currently we're not seeing any contention
> or other load issues)

As I understand, netflow sampling in the current 7600/6500 based gear,
would not help with Netflow TCAM contention...

Is more on the lines of "after-the-fact", it will do some kind of
sampling of the already collected information..
EARL8, like in the Nexus 7K, is supposed to do packet-sampling 'as other
  boxes do', before creating the netflow entry.