[c-nsp] QoS on 837 using PPPoE

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:43:18 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am having a hard time trying to figure how to apply a QoS policy on this
router. I have applied a few typical service-policies on the dialer
interfaces, but a "show policy interface di0" shows packets being matched
but nothing being dropped and the link is saturated. I believe the policy
needs to be applied to the virtual-access interface that comes up when PPP
negotiates, but i'm not quite sure how this would be done since the use of
vpdn-groups are no longer used. Relevent config posted. Any suggestions are
greatly appreciated. *And yes I know the service-policy is not applied to
the dialer interface...this was due to it not working.

class-map match-any VoIP
 match ip rtp 16384 16383
 match access-group name VoicePorts
!
!
policy-map Voice
 class VoIP
  priority 256
!
!
!
!
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly
!
interface Ethernet2
 no ip address
 shutdown
 hold-queue 100 out
!
interface ATM0
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 dsl operating-mode auto
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
 pvc 1/100
  encapsulation aal5snap
  pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
 !
!
interface FastEthernet1
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet2
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet3
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet4
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
!
interface Dialer0
 ip address negotiated
 ip mtu 1492
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1412
 dialer pool 1
 no cdp enable
<ppp info ************>
!
ip forward-protocol nd
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0
!
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
no ip nat service skinny tcp port 2000
no ip nat service sip udp port 5060
!
!
ip access-list extended VoicePorts
 permit udp any host *.*.*.* range 22026 62025
 permit udp any host *.*.*.* range 22026 62025
access-list 10 permit 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255