[c-nsp] Access Lists -ACLs- for switches

JAR Colmenares sforcejr at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 10:24:00 EDT 2009

CISCO 3750 12.2(25) SEE2Cisco 2950  12.1.(22) EA2

We codevelop software with teams from other companies and they come to our site to do this. With these companies we have setup Lan to Lan tunnels. So when they come we allow them to connect to our Guest network. Then they VPN into their companies and connect to a particular host on our end. It does not seem the best way to me.
I was thinking about letting them connect to our company LAN then configure ACLs in a switch, apply them  to specific ports  and allow them access only to an specific host on port 80 and 443.
If it makes any difference I will throw these 2 scenarios in:
1- destination host and guest users connected physically to ports in the same switch
2- destination host  and guest users connected in different switches uplinked  with switches in between . I wonder it if is needed one set of ACLs on both switches or does it matter?
Thanks for your help
JAR