[c-nsp] Mac address flapping..

James Ashton jashton at esnet.com
Sun Jul 12 01:06:57 EDT 2009

On both 4506s I see that one of the upl;ink ports is in blocking mode.

On 4506-a is it port g1/2
On 4506-b is it port g1/1

There is no blocking going on for this vlan on the 6509s.  But I wouldnt expect that with the 4506s blocking.

As got the timers for HSRP matching the log frequency..  I agree... But my confusion is that HSRP isnt flipping between routers..   So are the spanning tree Hello packets causing this??   If so, Why on this one vlan out of over 120 configured exactily the same???

This is the physical port config of the 4506s..    All 4506 uplink ports ahve the same config:

interface GigabitEthernet1/1
 description dotiq  trunk to fi1/8 core switch
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 999
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-999
 switchport mode trunk
end

This is the same for one of the 6509 ports:

interface GigabitEthernet1/7
 description dot1q trunk to int gig 1/1 on as1
 switchport
 switchport access vlan 999
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 999
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-995,998,999
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 hold-queue 3000 in
end

Thanks for the help.  This doesnt appear to be effecting the customer on this vlan..  But it is truly vexing me.

James