[c-nsp] multiple vlans on a port

Cord MacLeod cordmacleod at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:04:38 EDT 2009

I realize this is impossible, at least I have read it is on an access
port.  So if I sent up a trunk port with the machine, does the machine
need to speak 802.1q as well?

interface GigabitEthernet0/15
  switchport access vlan 120
  switchport trunk native vlan 120
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,120,231,321
  switchport mode trunk
end

The purpose of this is that the machine in a Linux machine running
Xen, so the cloud will decide what machines and vlans it needs to spin
up at what time.  Meaning this port will need access to these vlans.
This being the case, will I need to configure the Linux machine for
802.1q trunking as well?  I found this article that seemed to suggest,
yes, but I wanted a second opinion.  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7268

Thanks for your help.