[c-nsp] "Software Download Area is Unavailable at this time"

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 14 04:56:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 09:16:23AM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> But can I just make a recommendation to everyone here: next time you go
> out to competitive tender, specify the nature of docs & software
> availability. List "HTTP downloads without client software or plugins"
> as a mandatory requirement.

While this is a nice idea to cause some pressure, I can't see it as
overly realistic - if I have a router A that will fulfill everything
that we need, and a router B that will only do 80% and at the same
time costs 20% more, but has a better company web interface, I think it's
very unlikely that their web download thingie will be change our
decision.

(Besides, most competitors web sites and software download processes are
even worse)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de