[c-nsp] VSS out-of-band mgmt

Alasdair McWilliam alasdairm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:33:01 EDT 2009

We have VSS deployed and it's management interface is on a mgmt-vrf.
So far everything that needs a source interface seems to work,
although I've not actually configured syslog yet, TACACS is now vrf
aware. You have to define a specific AAA server group. Eg:

tacacs-server host 1.1.1.1 key myacskey
tacacs-server directed-broadcast
ip tacacs source-interface VlanXYZ

Then:

aaa group server tacacs+ ACS-GROUP-NAME
   server 1.1.1.1
   ip vrf forwarding mgmt-vrf
!

aaa authentication login default group ACS-GROUP-NAME local-case

I will note that you have to define each server with the tacacs-server
command before you add it to the group otherwise it throws an error.

Al