[c-nsp] Maximum spannig tree instances

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jul 14 14:50:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 01:20:53PM -0400, Tim Durack wrote:
> I'm going to guess the standards body that came up with MST doesn't do too
> much network configuration work...

Real Networks[tm] have Maintenance Windows[tm].

Dunno whether anybody else remembers bay networks routers that had to
be rebooted(!) to accept configuration changes.  At my university, monday
morning was "network maintenance", that is "apply all config changes that
have piled up during the week, reboot, pray"...

(Did I mention that I don't like MST? :) )

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de