[c-nsp] per-LSP packet loss / FIB corruption?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jul 16 10:10:18 EDT 2009

On (2009-07-16 14:14 +0100), Phil Mayers wrote:

> Ah; and we've got quite aggressive CoPP and punt rate limiters.
> Would that mean the traffic would be dropped quite aggressively as
> it was punted?

If you're using MLS rate-limiters, I've often seen prefix
programmed in ELAM as TTL or MTU rate-limiter index,
0x0380 is MTU failure, 0x7F0A unicast ip error, 0x7FFF
ttl failure. These are typically shared with many
type of drops, so it's not 100% certain.
But unless you see real interface index or 0x7FFA
which is recirculate in my experience, it's likely wrong.

> As I said, in this case we rebooted the linecard and the problem
> seems to have gone. Are there other routes that will reliably
> reprogram the hardware? The "mls cef" inconsistency checker seemed
> to think all was well.

Yeah I guess most reload and thus don't see these issues.

--
  ++ytti