[c-nsp] Maximum spannig tree instances

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Sat Jul 18 00:55:33 EDT 2009

Hi Matt,

The 6500/sup720 on 33SXI supports 100K logical ports in MST, and 12K
in RPVST. That's up from 50K/10K in every prior release.

N7K supports 75K in MST & 16K in RPVST today. There are no per-module
limitations on N7K.

Those numbers are based on the requirements we expressed to QA/system
test prior to FCS. The original numbers were confirmed prior to 33SXI
was released. Since then, we have not had a customer
requirement/request to support more, so frankly we have not felt
compelled to go and requalifify for anything greater. Would be
curious to know how many logical ports you are running today & in
what protocol?

Thanks,
Tim

At 08:51 PM 7/16/2009, Matt Buford opined:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759