[c-nsp] OT: Network documentation tool

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Sat Jul 18 11:25:53 EDT 2009

Kind of OT, but hopefully someone has an opinion anyway. :-)

I'm looking for the perfect documentation tool for network
documentation. We already have tools to map out the network and lots of
management tools, but what I'm looking for is something like a
repository to store and update all the written documentation, like
procedures and so on.

We've been looking at different Wikis, among others the Mediawiki suite,
and it looks promising but in my eyes seem a little much when we could
cope with somthing much simpler. We've also looked at document
repositories like Owl. We've even looked at Sharepoint. None of these
tools seem to be just right though.

What do people use to store documentation? Currently we use a CIFS share
but this seems clumsy at best.

Any input is appreciated. :-)

Regards,
Peter