[c-nsp] Splicing a roll-over cable

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 21:17:46 EDT 2009

What about something from Black Box. I'm not sure if the link below is exactly what you need, but they have all sorts of devices for converting, extending and sharing serial connections. Not as cheap as splicing your own serial/console cable, but potentially more chance of success (and you can return it if it doesn't work). There's also probably someone making something similar in a no-name product that does the same thing if you look around.

http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/Modem-Splitter-3-Port-MS-3/TL073A-R4

regards,
Tony.