[c-nsp] 2960G + RPS-2300 - how to get back on internal PS

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Mon Jul 20 17:47:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

first of all, I'm well aware of the limitations of 2960 series with
external RPS, they are only used here to have the very small advantage
to choose when the outage will be.

2* 2960G with RPS-2300 and dual powersupply. 2960 is on external power
feed. Is there any way to get back on the internal AC from remote? I
know it is going to reboot and I can live with that, but so far only
disconnecting the RPS from the switch or disabling the RPS port with the
buttons in front worked. Both of course require on-site staff. A reload
from the CLI did not work.

Have I missed any obvious way or is this just not possible?

Bernhard