[c-nsp] MLPPP throughput

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Jul 21 08:09:46 EDT 2009

Ben White wrote:
> I'd check on the show dsl int output, check to see whether 2 lines
> have appeared in interleaved mode as opposed to fast mode.  That could
> explain packet reordering if the lines are provisioned slightly
> differently and would introduce additional latency on the interleaved
> lines.

The stats and configuration is identical on all of the lines. The only
difference might be that a couple of them seem to go through a different
DSLAM guessing from the vendor of the ATU-C chipset being different on
some of the lines. We've put them in various combinations with no
changes to the speed.

We did some speed tests in the off hours and didn't see any change so I
don't believe it's due to network congestion anywhere.

dave

--
Dave Weis
Internet Solver