[c-nsp] going from collapsed core to separate core/distribution layers

jack b j4bles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 15:36:28 EDT 2009

We currently have two 6509's with Sup720-3BXL's setup in a collapsed core.
Each of the 6509's has two 10gig uplinks to our primary providers as well as
a few 1gig links to secondary providers. Off of the 6509's we have access
switches with 300+ internet facing servers and are currently doing 3-4gbps
out of this site. We are looking to break the collapsed core into a separate
core and distribution layer leaving the 6509's in the distribution layer and
getting a new platform for the core where we would move our transit
providers.

I have seen a lot of talk about the ASR1K and was looking into that as an
option but thought I would ask the list to see if anyone had any other
suggestions.