[c-nsp] SNMP ENGINE consuming CPU

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Fri Jul 24 09:49:01 EDT 2009

You hit on the issue. I had a NMS client polling the route table. This box has two full feeds and 12 other bilateral peers. Apparently, the cat7.6k/rsp720 doesn't do well in this scenario. I would imagine the GSR's or perhaps even the shiny new ASR's implement this in hardware, but I am speculating since I have no stick time on those platforms. I know this wouldn't be an issue on J, but that's a topic for another list.

Yes, my IOS version needs updating. I'm on 12.2(33)SRB1. Any recommendations?

Thank you for your feedback.

-b